Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's Not a Good Time

So I started a diet over a week ago.  So far I've lost around 8 days...just kidding.  I'm down by 4 pounds!  Someone made mention this is a terrible time to be on a diet.  Actually it is the best time!  The best time is always now!  That is our problem.  We procrastinate.  We wait until it's too late.  Opportunities pass us by.  You see the holidays for me have always been tough, I pack on an extra 5-10 pounds.  So why not start cutting back and learn to resist the temptations of sweets.  I mean after all your diet will be harder to start if you wait until the first of the year with those extra holiday pounds.  I love the story of the bride and groom who waited until the perfect time to get married.   The bride white of hair stooped over her cane; Her legs uncertain, needed guiding; And across the church aisle, With a big toothless smile, The groom in a wheelchair came riding. Who is this elderly couple thus wed? You’ll find, if you’ve closely explored it, That this is that rare, Most conservative pair That waited till they could afford it. 

The perfect time is now!  Don't wait, go for it!  Whatever it is, whatever decision you've been putting off, move...get up...go for it!  Stop using the excuse, "It's not a good time."  God has given you the moment.  He hasn't guaranteed tomorrow.  But we do have right now.



No comments: