Saturday, August 18, 2018

Weight Loss Journey

So I thought it was time for an update!  So far I’ve dropped 55 pounds and have decided to drop another 5 and then maintain.  I’m still doing a low carb/high fat modified diet.  In addition to the weight I’ve lost I have also dropped close to ten inches from my waist!  My blood pressure has gone down, my cholesterol numbers are much better than before the diet.  Overall my health has  improved.  Dropping the weight has been appreciated by my knees and back for sure.  My body is still in Ketosis which seems to be a buzzword.  I’ve increased my daily carb intake to around 50 grams.  I have found this diet is easy to follow, you don’t feel hungry, and it’s something I can commit to long term.  Fads come and go.  This for me has been a lifestyle change.  It has been liberating.  I rarely feel that bloated feeling and that dreaded regret after a big meal.  Everyday I drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.  I find it helps break down sugars, helps blood sugar levels and helps regulate the body’s alkaline levels.  The key is finding something that works for you.  Then the next step is sticking to it.  This seems to be the struggle for many.  This diet tends to give fast results which can encourage you and keep you motivated.  I want to take care of my body, it’s the only one I have!  I also see the connection between mind, body and spirit.  I’m working on all three aspects.  And remember this, the training stops when the casket drops!

No comments: