Thursday, May 03, 2018

Since January I have been on a weight loss journey.  I was at my heaviest and I wasn't in good health.  So I dedicated myself to changing my eating habits.  To change the way I ate and the foods I ate.  I am doing a combination Keto and low carbohydrate, high fat diet.  I have enjoyed it!  Seriously!  Many tried to tell me along the way that I couldn't be on this diet long.  Self-proclaimed experts said, "You can only do Low Carb so long!"  Thanks pal!  What if we have been told wrong all these years?  What if our food pyramid is truly upside down?  Why are we so dependent on carbohydrates and processed foods?  Our ancestors lived on meats, specifically fats and proteins.  Yep, I said the "F" word.  We have been programmed to believe we have to get our energy from carbs and that low fat means it's healthy.  I am by no means an expert and I have only been researching this for about five months.  In my defense I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express more than a few times.  But here is my testimonial:  I have lost 40 pounds in four months.  I went from a size 38" waist down to a 32".  Overall I feel better, I have more energy.  My body now converts fats and proteins as its fuel source.  I went from loving bread more than Oprah Winfrey to realizing carbs were not my friend.  I plan to lose about ten more pounds and then maintain.  This is more than a diet, it is a lifestyle change.  Yes it still takes discipline and no, I am not starving.  I don't have the cravings I used to.  My regimen is not for everyone.  But here is what I know.  Tomorrow never comes.  That weight you want to lose has to be evicted by force.  So start your journey!  Do your own research, find something that works for you.  You can email me for details as to what plan I follow: chadmills76@gmail.com 

No comments: