Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Chick-Fil-A Vote

So everyone wants to put in their two cents about the election.  People are studying the polls, pundits are predicting and pontificating.  We will know the results Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday morning.  Let's all pray it doesn't get drawn out like the 2000 presidential election.  Not sure my heart/blood pressure can take another election like that.  Let us all take a moment to thank God we live in a free country where we have the right to elect our leaders.  Thank God we have freedoms and liberties, we shouldn't take them for granted.  I mentioned back in September right after the ChickFilA appreciation day and all the news that garnered, that the "ChickFilA Vote" could make a difference in November.  On Tuesday, October 30th I stood in line at the courthouse to vote early.  I'm not one for lines.  But I did stand in line back in August to buy the best Chicken Sandwich in the world and I did stand in line to vote early.  As I stood in the voting line I sensed many were enthused about this election.  I sense a surge of patriotism and it appears the "Value Voters" are energized.  I will not make a prediction here, and I won't make an endorsement.  I believe each person should vote their own convictions and vote for the good of the country.  But I still believe the ChickFilA vote will have an impact on November 6, 2012.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The ChickFilA issue gave me a lot of hope that we still have a chance in this country and I hope it was a foreshadow of what will happen at the ballot box on the 6th.